Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Current Events Quiz 2.2

1. In Monday's paper the lead story on the front page was about bond supporting affordable housing. Why do you think that the city should or should not pass an additional bond this year to help build more affordable housing? I think that the city should pass additional bonds this year because that would help even more homeless and struggling people.
2. In Monday's paper the top story in the Life and Arts section is called "It's back to the basics". Why would or would you not like to participate in an adventure race like the ones described in the story? I would like to participate in the adventure races because they seem extremely fun and it would be a great way to test how tough I am.
3. In Monday's paper, on the second page of the Life and Arts section is a regular column called "Like a Local". The main part of the story is about a woman who wrote a book. The story goes on with a list of Becky Murphy's favorite places to go in Austin. Write a short paragraph in that same style about a favorite place you like to go. 
>Westgate Theater on Westgate Blvd. is one of my favorite places to hand out with my friends and family.
>Phils Ice House on South Lamar is where me and my siblings love to eat. They have some of the best burgers in Austin.
4. In Tuesday's paper, on page A8 there is a story about two Utah men who pushed an ancient rock formation off its foundation. Do you think the men should be prosecuted? WHY OR WHY NOT. I feel the men should have been prosecuted because they are basically destroying history in a sense. Also they were in a state park which (i'm pretty sure) is illegal.
5. In Tuesday's paper in the Business section on page B7, there is a story titled "Report: 15% of younger Americans idle. In a paragraph tell me your reactions to that story. After reading this story i feel indifferent. The number of young adults doing nothing right now is staggering but, that is their choice. I don't find much interest in other peoples mistakes.
6. In Wednesday's paper on the front page, there is a story title "Officer in shooting abruptly retires". Should the officer have been able to retire, and receive a full pension after the incident (please note he was able to buy additional years to get his full pension)? WHY OR WHY NOT. I feel that he should have been able to retire as for the full pension, he should not have been able to receive a full pension. He should have done all the years he need to get full pension, not just buy his way out.
7. In Wednesday's paper in the Metro and State section, the lead story is about a stolen laptop. Do you worry about your private information getting out to the public? WHY OR WHY NOT. I am not worried about my private information getting out to the public because, I safe with all my electronics.

No comments:

Post a Comment