Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving Story

This Thanksgiving was very fun, but quiet normal. It started on Tuesday and didn't end until Sunday night.

It started on Tuesday right when i got home from school. My brother Noel came in from kyle, to go shopping with my mother while me and my other brother Manuel stay home to clean with my sisters Oralia and Adrianna. Tuesday was just gathering food and making sure the house was clean for Thursday.

Wednesday was a bit of a surprise when my other brother Carlos, who lives in Houston, surprised us by showing up earlier than we thought. The rest of that day was spent cooking and preparing things for Thanksgiving, but since Carlos showed up we all sat down and watched movies. Since my niece and nephew were their we watched Planes and Turbo, the Disney movies.

On Thanksgiving Day we were all up at 8 a.m to finish up the food and our family started showing up at around 10 a.m. We had our Thanksgiving early because my brother and sister had to go into work at 1 p.m. My aunt Patricia showed up first, like she always does, with her family she likes to get there early so that she can get the first batch of deviled eggs. After her, some family friends came over, Mario brought pecan pie, and Tyron brought peach cobbler. The last ones to show up were my Uncle Erik who brought along my cousin Brandon, they stayed for about an hour before everybody started leaving. When the time came to eat, all the food had been ready. We had Turkey, corn, rice, dressing, homemade gravy, cornbread, rolls, and glazed ham. Before we ate though we had to say grace, and since we were going in order of my family it was my turn to say grace, I was completely caught off guard and said maybe the worst grace ever, but it was still a good day.

The second half of Wednesday I was watching my cousins Jesse and Nancy, my niece Crystal, and my nephew Gabriel while my mother went to bingo with my aunt, and my sister-in-law started Black Friday shopping early. We were playing the xbox for about and hour before we watched Turbo for about the sixth time that day, but i didn't really mind. Once 10 p.m hit my brother Noel got off work and my mom got back from bingo, so i could go Black Friday shopping to, most of the time was spent at Barton Creek mall with my brothers. We bought a couple of shirts, Noel bought a watch, Carlos bought some stuff for his new apartment in Houston, and Manuel was doing some early Christmas shopping. I was just along for the ride. At about 2 a.m we moved to party over to Best Buy where Noel bought himself an Xbox One and Carlos bought some movies. The best part for me though was when we were leaving my sister surprised me with a Nintendo 3Ds that she bought for me early in the day. The night/ morning ended with everybody getting home at around 4 a.m and falling asleep, except for me because I was excited about the DS which i played for about an hour before i fell asleep.

When i woke up later that day Manuel went to work, Noel had left back to kyle, and Carlos was in the living room with my sisters and mother. They were getting ready to go eat and asked if i wanted to tag along. I went with them to go eat pizza with them and bought my DS with me to play with it more. After we ate we went back to the house to watch movies. On the way back my DS got low on battery, so when we got home i went inside wanting to charge it, but when i went to put it on i couldn't find it. When i told my mom she said that Noel took it by accident when he was packing up, so for the rest of Friday i just got on the computer and played Minecraft with some friends from school.

Saturday I we met up with Noel so i could get my charger back, and after that i spent the day at my friend Fernando's house. He also got an Xbox One on Friday with the game Deadrising 3 and we played that and League of Legends all day. Later that day Mario came over Fernando's house as well and we went and got some pizza, played more games, then crashed for the night.

On Sunday Carlos was going back to Houston, but before that he wanted to go bowling and our cousin wanted to play laser tag, so we went to Main Event. When we got their we started bowling and my cousin went to play, the game was close the entire time until the end when i choked like Lebron in the 4th and lost by 20 points :/ . Then when we were about to leave we noticed a rock climbing area, and we thought "why not" did that for about 2 hours. After that my brother dropped me off at home and went back to Houston. Even though it was such a good day, it was made even better when Manuel and I started watching The Walking Dead, it was an extremely good episode and a good way to end the break.




No comments:

Post a Comment